Texas Aquatic Science is a comprehensive aquatic science curriculum for middle school and high school students. This workshop is designed to introduce the curriculum along with the curriculum of the Wetland Center and how to best use the activities and supplemental materials for an enhanced experience. The registration deadline is June 9th. John Bunker Sands Wetland Center is a Texan by Nature Conservation Partner.
Aspects of the curriculum that make it perfect for classroom settings:
- Written for middle school and high school students
- Designed to help teachers make students aware of the importance of water to life, aquatic ecosystems and what we must do to conserve water and aquatic life
- Hands-on classroom and field activities
- Science investigations, games, models, internet projects
- Lessons embed higher order thinking skills, provide depth and complexity of learning, and engage students in many contexts and methods
- All activities are aligned with Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for sixth through eighth grade and for Aquatic Science and Environmental Science courses for high school.