Texan by Nature is a team of conservation and business champions united by our love of Texas’ land, water, wildlife, people, and prosperity. We are passionate about amplifying new ideas to keep our state’s natural world flourishing for decades to come. We’re devoted to bringing diverse groups together to build a lasting culture of conservation among all Texans. Our work takes a special mix of science, strategy, and creativity. This makes Texan by Nature a very dynamic and exciting place to be.
If you want to positively impact Texas’ people, prosperity, and natural resources, we invite you to join us! Please see the jobs listed below or send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Full Time Positions
Texan by Nature Marketing & Social Media Manager
Texan by Nature, a new brand of Texas conservation founded by former First Lady, Laura Bush, is seeking a dedicated Marketing & Social Media Manager with an instinct for and interest in marketing, branding, social media strategy and implementation, and management of business relationships. You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the impact-focused world of nonprofit and conservation, working alongside professionals who are passionate about their work and enjoy working together. You will work with community, conservation, and business partners across the state of Texas to positively impact the people, prosperity, and natural resources of Texas. Ideal candidates are driven, creative, trustworthy, hard-working, service-oriented, and interested in having fun while collaborating with great minds to help cultivate change and foster engagement in conservation.
JOB SUMMARY: Marketing & Social Media Manager has responsibility for Texan by Nature’s marketing communications, social media, engagement activities and also supports development activities. Reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages, coordinates, and implements Texan by Nature’s marketing communications strategy.
- Manages, creates, edits, and implements Texan by Nature’s social media and publicly-facing communications such as blogs, newsletters, press releases, presentations, speeches, etc.
- Collects and reports on digital analytics, makes recommendations based on digital analytics, and implements refined strategies based on findings.
- Maintains, updates, and refines Texan by Nature’s website.
- Supports and monitors Texan by Nature partner agencies and organizations.
- Identifies potential resources, such as partnerships and grants that can enhance Texan by Nature communications and program efforts, and support our partners.
- Represents Texan by Nature at various events, forums, and conferences as assigned by the CEO.
- Researches best practices across conservation and industry.
- Assists in resource creation for Texan by Nature Conservation Partners.
- Potentially manages Texan by Nature 20 program.
- Organizes and maintains files and records.
- Talent acquisition and mentorship for interns and volunteers.
- Provides administrative support and coordination for fundraising activities; coordinates meetings, seminars, campaigns and events; composes correspondence and reports; maintains confidential database systems; maintains verbal and written communication with internal and external constituents.
- Supports and is responsive to the needs of Texan by Nature.
- Action-oriented; seizes opportunities and enjoys working hard.
- Outstanding organization skills; can marshal resources to get things done and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals.
- Ability to problem solve paired with high-quality decision making.
- Exceptional time management skills; uses time effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written.
- Strategic mindset and intellectual curiosity – loves learning new concepts and exploring how those work together to change the world.
- Creative ability; brainstorms and comes up with new and unique ideas.
- The ability to motivate others; makes each volunteer and intern feel their work is important.
- Teamwork and relationship-oriented; cooperative and collaborative, gains trust and support of others. Relies heavily on relational skills to achieve success.
- Executive presence: Able to present to and build relationships with CEOs and top-level executives cross-industry.
Education/Experience: BA/BS degree and 4 years minimum experience in marketing/communications, social media management, relationship management, and/or project management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training/Equipment: MS Office Suite, WordPress, Canva, Raiser’s Edge, Adobe, Mailchimp, Social Media, SEO, Hootsuite, Digital Analytics, Google Suite, Zoom
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: The position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, and well as managing multiple projects simultaneously. Requires in-state travel.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Application: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Joni Carswell at firstname.lastname@example.org
No current openings