Pioneer actively promotes environmental stewardship through employee engagement activities, training, and communication campaigns to educate, empower and encourage Pioneer employees to continue improving their environmental focus – and doing the right thing – each and every day.
The foundational principles of their Stewardship365 program include:
- Responsible Operations: Respect the air, land, and water
- Thoughtful Planning: Consider the environment in decision-making
- Ownership: Empower employees and contractors to do the right thing
- Communication: Effectively share knowledge and ideas
- Sustainable Practices: Create value through efficiency and innovation
- Continual Improvement: Reduce our environmental footprint
Pioneer Natural Resources respects the individual, community, and environment. The company is committed to protecting the environment from damage and protecting its employees and those who live near its areas of operation from injury and health risks. They identify and manage risks and impacts through business decisions, plans, and operations by fostering a culture of safety and environmental stewardship and a proactive network of systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.