Texan by Nature and North Texas Municipal Water District have launched a free webinar series, “Conservation – The Texas Way.” This four-part series provides education and awareness of the best water conservation practices in the Lone Star State. The series shares new data, ideas, actionable next steps, and resources for both individuals and businesses.
The first webinar, “Conserve Today. Water Tomorrow,” was held on August 17th, 2021. It covered the state of water in Texas, Texas’ state water plan, water resources, water’s journey from lake to tap, and how everyone can take actionable steps to conserve water. You can watch it here.
The second webinar, “State of Texas Natural Resources,” was held on January 19, 2022. It covered Texas land trends and predictions, current watershed protection efforts, texas forest service projects, the impact of population growth, urbanization, and land conversion, and more!
- Joni Carswell, CEO and President – Texan by Nature (moderator)
- Roel Lopez, Director of Texas A&M Natural Resources Institute
- David Cowan, Watershed Manager for the North Texas Municipal Water District
- Mac Martin, Partnership Coordinator and Forest Legacy Coordinator for Texas A&M Forest Service
- Kathy Jack, Dallas Healthy Cities Program Director of The Nature Conservancy
Watch the full recording of the webinar:
- Webinar Q&A and Additional Resources
- Texas Land Trends
- NTMWD Lavon Lake Watershed Protection Plan
- Water Resources and Best Management Practices: Forest and Water Relationship Resources
- Forests and Water Interactive Story Map
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure for Urban Flood Resilience – The Nature Conservancy and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension