Texan by Nature and North Texas Municipal Water District have launched a free webinar series, “Conservation – The Texas Way.” This four-part series provides education and awareness of the best water conservation practices in the Lone Star State. The series shares new data, ideas, actionable next steps, and resources for both individuals and businesses.
The first webinar, “Conserve Today. Water Tomorrow,” was held on August 17th. It covered the state of water in Texas, Texas’ state water plan, water resources, water’s journey from lake to tap, and how everyone can take actionable steps to conserve water. Speakers included:
- Joni Carswell, CEO and President – Texan by Nature
- Sarah Rountree Schlessinger, Chief Executive Officer – Texas Water Foundation
- Helen Dulac, Water Resource Program & Public Education Manager – North Texas Municipal Water District
- Rebecca Bowling, Assistant Professor Extension Specialist, Urban Water – Texas A&M AgriLife
Watch the full recording of the webinar:
Learn More About Water
- Water is Awesome: Tips, webinars, and more!
- Water My Yard: Free weekly watering advice
- Texas A&M AgriLife Water Resources: Publications, resources for everyone, training, and more!
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildlife Flower Center Native Plant Database: Find plants for your region.
- Texas Water Foundation’s Water Library
- Texas Water Development Board: State Water Plan
- NTMWD’s East Fork Water Reuse Project & John Bunker Sands Wetland Center