Monarch Wrangler, our first statewide initiative, provides Texas employers, organizations, and individuals with a results-oriented and meaningful way to get involved in creating habitat essential to the monarch butterfly through planting natives, removing invasive species, and tagging or tracking monarchs.
In partnership with United States Fish and Wildlife Services (USFWS), Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) and National Wildlife Federation (NWF), we are helping Texas play a lead role in international efforts to conserve the species.
Becoming a Monarch Wrangler
Whether you’re an individual with a love for monarchs or a business leader looking to give back to your community, becoming a Monarch Wrangler is a rewarding and educational experience. Simply follow these steps to get started:
1. Download your guide to becoming a Monarch Wrangler
- For residences (families and individuals)
- For corporate entities
- For civic organizations
- For land owners (including farms/ranches)
2. Submit your application
As you begin to develop monarch habitat on your property, visit our resources page where you’ll find information specific to your geographic region for native plants, milkweeds, invasive species, and more.
Monarch Wrangler Project Highlights
For businesses, organizations, and large-scale ranches, Texan by Nature offers enhanced Monarch Wrangler benefits:
- Project Collaboration. We help identify the best plan of action to improve corporate campuses for both people and monarchs alike. This can include planting natives, removing invasive species, and more.
- Employee Engagement. We help businesses get employees excited about conservation, enabling them to establish their own planting events, butterfly tagging, seedball-making sessions, take-home native gardening kits, and other educational materials.
- Communications Expertise. We share your story with the world through blogging, social media, newspaper and magazine articles, and more.
- Measurable Results. Not only do changes made to the campus benefit butterflies, they also reduce landscaping costs and improve employee quality of life.
Texan by Nature Provides:
- Endorsement by Founder, Laura Bush
- Marketing and Creative
- Project Collaboration
- Connection to Source Plants/Seeds/Tagging Materials and Systems
- Internal Communications
- Collaboration on Planning, Marketing & Public Relations
Civic, Corporate, & Farm/Ranch
If you’re a homeowner or individual resident, becoming a Monarch Wrangler is fun and easy. In exchange for your efforts, you’ll receive:
- A Wrangler Welcome Kit
- Texan by Nature bumper sticker
Monarch Wrangler Projects