- The promoter of the Texas Independence Day Photography Social Media Competition is Texan by Nature (3500 Jefferson St #301, Austin, TX 78731)
- Details on eligibility, how to enter and the prizes for the Competition are set out in these terms and conditions of entry. By entering into this Competition, entrants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Any person may enter this competition, but the photo must have been taken within the State of Texas in the United States.
How to enter
- Eligible persons may enter the Competition by posting a photo onto Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #TexanbyNature or by tagging @TexanbyNature in the image. The post must be public.
Number of Entries permitted
- Entrants can submit up to five entries. Each public post using the required hashtag will be treated as a separate entry.
- The prize will be goodie bag consisting of Texan by Nature merchandise.
- The prize shall be subject to the following rules:
- The winning entry shall be selected by Texan by Nature staff, at their absolute discretion;
- Only one prize shall be awarded to one winner;
- The prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash;
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Texan by Nature may, but is under no obligation to, substitute a prize of like or equal value;
- Any tax payable as a result of the prize being awarded or received will be the prize winner’s responsibility;
- Texan by Nature takes no responsibility for the loss of the prize or the inability of the prize winner to use the prize due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by the prize winner, or otherwise; and
- Texan by Nature makes no representations or warranties as to the quantity, quality, suitability and merchantability of the prize.
- The winner acknowledges and agrees that no other payment, cost, fee or prize is payable to the winner by the Promotor other than as expressly stated in clause 9.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
- The Competition commences on March 2 2018 at 12:00pm CDT and closes March 30 2018 at 11:59PM CDT (“Promotional Period”). Entries must be posted on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter during the Promotional Period to be valid. Entries posted on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter after this time will not be included in the Competition and Texan by Nature accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, incorrect or invalid entries.
- The one prize winning entry will be determined by Texan by Nature, at its absolute discretion, and may be based on factors such as (but are not limited to) the creativity of the post and the number of likes that the post has received at the end of the Promotional Period.
- The winner will be notified via Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, subject to the platform they submitted their post/s on, within five business days of the end of the Promotional Period.
- The winner will be required to provide a valid email address to Texan by Nature within 20 days of notification of winning. The prize will either be available for pick up at the Texan by Nature office or will be sent by mail to the winner within 60 days of notification of the winner’s email address. The winner must provide their home address within 20 days of notification of email address if they wish the prize to be sent to them via mail.
- If the winner fails to provide a valid email address to receive the prize within 20 days of notification of winning, or if Texan by Nature is unable to contact the winner via their Instagram or Facebook account (without the need to make reasonable further enquires) or if the email address provided by the winner is invalid or Texan by Nature receives notification that Texan by Nature’s email about the prize was not sent, Texan by Nature may select another winner from the remaining valid entries in order to distribute the unclaimed prize. The winner of the unclaimed prize will be notified via Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and must provide a valid email address to Texan by Nature within 20 days of notification of winning in accordance with clause 15, and this process may continue until a winner is awarded the prize or no other valid entries exist.
- The winner, once providing their email address, must provide their home address within 20 days if they wish to receive their prize via mail. If the winner fails to provide a valid home address within 20 days, Texan by Nature may select another winner from the remaining valid entries in order to distribute the unclaimed prize in accordance with clause 15 and 16.
- All entrants acknowledge and agree that all photos, captions and hashtags contained in an entry into the Competition may be used by Texan by Nature for promotional or publicity purposes.
- It is a condition of entry in the Competition that Texan by Nature has the right to publish the name, image, voice, photograph or video of entrants (“Materials”) for any matter incidental to the Competition or the promotion or marketing of Texan by Nature in general and outside of the Competition.
- Texan by Nature may use such Materials in any medium including without limiting on its website or other electronic means, in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Texan by Nature (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, liabilities arising from or in connection with:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Texan by Nature’s control);
- any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Texan by Nature) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Texan by Nature;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant;
- redemption of the prize; and
- participation in the Competition.
- Texan by Nature reserves the right to suspend, cancel or otherwise close the Competition earlier than is stated in these terms and conditions for safety, security, technical failures, weather conditions or any other causes which affect the proper administration, fairness or security of the Competition.
For more information
Please contact Texan by Nature’s social media team for more information: